Topics and Meetings
WHAT PLANTS MAKE OR DO
Featuring DPCAC Plant Members
- May 23, 2022--TRACER: Weather & Air Quality Study Based at La Porte Airport. Summary.
- April 25, 2022-- Beltway 8 Bridge Expansion
- March 21, 2022-- Deer Park Chamber of Commerce "Chemistry Day." Summary. Slides.
- February 28, 2022-- Characteristics of Communities within 10 Miles and 30 Miles of Area Refineries. Summary. Slides.
- January 24, 2022--Annual "State of the Plant" Reports from DPCAC Plants. Summary.
- November 29, 2021--Texas Cancer Registry (TCR) Info on Cancer in Deer Park. Summary. Slides
- October 25, 2021--Sale of Shell Refinery and Factors to Consider When Seeking Cancer Causes Summary. Slides.
- September 27, 2021--Annual Report on Air Emissions from DPCAC Plants. Summary
- August 23, 2021-- Learn How Plants Protect Workers that Make or Handle Chemicals Like Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene, Xylenes. Summary Slides
- May 24, 2021-- Benzene Emissions. Air Monitoring Trends for Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene, Xylenes. Summary HRM Slides
- Major New Weather & Air Quality Study Based at La Porte Airport. Summary Slides
- April 26, 2021-- The Big Freeze: Plant Experiences, Lessons Learned, Best Practices, What Plants Will Do Differently. Summary
- March 22, 2021-- Ways to Learn about Chemicals with a focus on Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene, Xylenes (BTEX). Summary
- February 22, 2021-- A Refresher on EPA's Risk Management Program. Summary
- October 26, 2020-- DPCAC Role in EHCMA Roll Out of EPA Risk Management Plans. Summary Slides
- August 24, 2020 -- Port Houston Expansion. Summary . Slides.
- March 23, 2020 -- DPCAC 30th Anniversary. Summary.
- February 24, 2020 -- Process Safety Management. PSM Slides. PSM Chemical Thresholds. Summary.
- June 3, 2019 -- Plant Show and Tell and Program Planning. Summary.
- March 5, 2019 -- Joint CAC Meeting: Consequences of Regulatory Changes on the Economy and the Environment. Summary. Speaker Slides: Honeycutt, Craft and Beskid.
- February 25, 2019 -- Health Impacts of Living in an Industrialized Area Like Deer Park. Kelsey-Seybold Slides. Texas Cancer Fast Stats
- August 22, 2016 -- Industrial Hygiene: Protecting Workers from Workplace Hazards. Slides.
- October 26, 2015 -- Deepwells. Summary. Slides.
- June 2012 -- Water Planning in Our Region Summary. Slides.
- November 2011 -- TCEQ Flaring Study Findings Summary. Slides.
- August 2009 -- Indoor Air Quality Slides.
- October 2007 -- Understanding the Links between Exposure, Dose, and Health Effects. Slides.
Every year or so, DPCAC develops a Program Plan to assure it is addressing issues of greatest interest to community members. Community members, plant members, and guests brainstorm topics they believe DPCAC should address. Using sticky dots, they choose those they most want to cover in the coming year. By using different colors for community and plant members, the CAC can schedule the topics of most community interest. The Program Plan is flexible and may be changed by group agreement.
Contact Us if there are issues you would like DPCAC to address or if you would like details and an invitation to a DPCAC meeting.